Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week Seven

Printmaking with styrofoam




The colours for this one didn't turn out as planned but I still like it :)
Collagraph printing - this was more challenging!  I lost half of the seaweed and
 fish stripes during the first print.  Luckily, it still worked for this print and the next one.



Try 2 - what's left of the layered paper :(

I really enjoyed this activity, as disorganized as the classroom felt!  I wish there was a way to make it less chaotic but it really is an organized chaos.  My paper print (the fish) didn't work out as planned - the glued pieces started to fall off when doing my first print.  I thought about making a new one, but instead, I used what was left and made the lime green one first, followed by the pink one.  Not what I had originally, but I think it still looks pretty neat :o)  I LOVE the styrofoam prints.  I wish I had more than the six - I would love to use them for cards!!!!!  After this lesson, I am addicted to ink printing!

No comments:

Post a Comment